The Indiana 5+1 project involved the concurrent comprehensive renovations of 6 properties in five cities for Retirement Housing Foundation. Apartment renovations focused on replacement of finishes, cabinets, appliances and HVAC equipment. Multiple units in each building were redesigned to “mobility impaired” and “visual and hearing impaired” standards. Building envelopes, canopy systems, outdoor amenities and landscaping were upgraded.
Major mechanical replacements involved redesign of domestic hot water systems, heating boilers, cooling towers and chillers, and unit fan coils/blowers. Sustainability design included the use of low VOC paints, adhesives and carpeting, Energy Star rated appliances and windows replaced and low flow plumbing fixtures. All work was completed with residents maintaining occupancy during construction.
- Facility Survey and Assessment
- Building and Life Safety Analysis
- Architectural / Interior Design
- AutoCAD As-Built Documentation
- MEP Replacements/Upgrades
- Window and Roof Replacements
- Landscape Upgrades
- Renovation Scope Development
- Elevator Inspection and Renovation
- Renovation Cost Development
- Exterior Facade Improvements
- LIHTC Tax Credit Submission
- ADA Apartment Design
- Contract Administration